CSIR-NML Chemical Metallurgical Mechanical Computer Science, Information Technology Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Other Jobs
CSIR-NML Project Staff Recruitment 2026: Walk-in Interview for PA-I, PA-II, PAT-I, PAT-II, Project-JRF and Project Scientist Posts
CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory (CSIR-NML), Jamshedpur has released Advertisement No. T/PS/04/2026 for the engagement of Project Staff against various time-bound research projects. Eligible Indian nationals can attend the walk-in interview/test scheduled from 06 October to 09 October 2026 at CSIR-NML, Burmamines, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
The recruitment is for temporary project positions including Project Assistant-I (PA-I), Project Assistant-II (PA-II), Scientific Administrative Assistant (SAA), Project Associate-I (PAT-I), Project Associate-II (PAT-II), Project-JRF and Project Scientist-I (PS-I).
Candidates with qualifications such as 10th + ITI, Diploma, B.Tech, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Tech and Ph.D. can apply for various project positions, depending on the requirements of the particular project.
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 Overview
| Particulars | Details |
|---|---|
| Organization | CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory (CSIR-NML) |
| Organization Under | Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) |
| Advertisement No. | T/PS/04/2026 |
| Advertisement Date | 22 September 2026 |
| Recruitment Type | Project Staff Engagement |
| Job Location | Jamshedpur, Jharkhand |
| Posts | PA-I, PA-II, SAA, PAT-I, PAT-II, Project-JRF, PS-I |
| Selection Mode | Walk-in Interview/Test |
| Walk-in Dates | 06, 07, 08 & 09 October 2026 |
| Reporting Time | 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM |
| Venue | CSIR-NML, Burmamines, Jamshedpur-831007 |
| Application Mode | Walk-in |
| Official Website | https://nml.res.in |
CSIR-NML Project Staff Vacancy 2026
The positions are distributed across different research projects and interview groups. The recruitment includes opportunities in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Geology, Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology and related disciplines.
Some positions also require research experience and/or qualification through CSIR-UGC NET, GATE or other recognized national-level examinations.
Group A – Walk-in on 06 October 2026
| Project | Post | Vacancies | Qualification |
|---|---|---|---|
| SSP-1509 | Project Assistant-II | 01 | 3-year Diploma in Mechanical/Metallurgical/Metallurgical & Materials/Materials Science & Engineering |
| RAIL-001 | Project Associate-I | 01 | B.Tech in Metallurgical/Materials & Metallurgical/Materials Science/Mechanical Engineering |
| META-001 | Project Assistant-I | 01 | 10th + ITI in Fitter Trade |
| SSP-1537 | Project Assistant-II | 01 | 3-year Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering |
| SSP-1537 | Project Assistant-I | 01 | 10th + ITI in Turner Trade |
Group B – Walk-in on 06 October 2026
| Project | Post | Vacancies | Qualification |
|---|---|---|---|
| MMP085202-WP-2 | Project Associate-I | 01 | M.Sc. Chemistry |
| MMP085202-WP-2 | Project Assistant-II | 01 | B.Sc. Chemistry/Environmental Science |
| SSP-1461 | Project Assistant-II | 01 | Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering or B.Sc. Chemistry |
| SSP-1312 | Project Assistant-II | 03 | B.Sc. Chemistry/Geology |
| SSP-1530 | Project Associate-II | 01 | M.Sc. Chemistry + 2 years relevant R&D experience |
| FTT-080611 | Project Associate-I | 02 | M.Sc. Chemistry/Geology |
| HCL Project | Project Assistant-II | 01 | B.Sc. Chemistry/Geology |
Group C – Walk-in on 07 October 2026
The Group C recruitment includes positions under projects related to solar PV panel recycling, Dokra handicrafts, recovery of tin and antimony, and recovery of indium and tin from waste LCD panels.
| Post | Vacancies | Qualification |
|---|---|---|
| Project Assistant-II | 01 | 3-year Diploma in Chemical/Metallurgical Engineering or B.Sc. Chemistry |
| Project Associate-I | 03 | B.Tech Chemical/Metallurgical/Metallurgical & Materials/Materials Science & Engineering or M.Sc. Chemistry |
| Project Associate-I | 01 | B.Tech Chemical/Metallurgical Engineering or M.Sc. Chemistry/Environmental Science |
| Project Assistant-II | 01 | 3-year Diploma Metallurgical Engineering or B.Sc. Chemistry |
| Project Associate-I | 01 | B.Tech Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering |
| Project Associate-I | 02 | B.Tech Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering or M.Sc. Chemistry |
| Project Assistant-I | 01 | 10th + ITI Electrician |
Group D – Walk-in on 07 October 2026
Group D includes projects concerning sustainable solid biofuels, recycling of spent NdFeB magnet machining waste and assessment of field-withdrawn CBC parts.
The posts include:
- Project Associate-II – 01 post: M.Tech in Mechanical/Metallurgy/Agricultural Engineering or M.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Biology with 2 years relevant R&D experience.
- Project Associate-I – 02 posts: B.Tech in Metallurgical & Materials/Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering or M.Sc. Chemistry.
- Project Assistant-II – 01 post: 3-year Diploma Metallurgical Engineering or B.Sc. Chemistry.
- Project Associate-I – 01 post: B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering.
Group E – Walk-in on 08 October 2026
| Project | Post | Vacancies | Qualification |
|---|---|---|---|
| GAP-0317 | Project Associate-II | 01 | B.Tech Mechanical + 2 years relevant R&D experience |
| SSP-1540 | Project Associate-II | 01 | B.Tech Mechanical + 2 years relevant R&D experience |
| DAE-BRNS | Project Associate-I | 01 | B.Tech Mechanical |
| GAP-0305 (WP-10) | Project Associate-I | 01 | B.Tech Metallurgy/Materials Science/Metallurgical & Materials/Mechanical or M.Sc. Chemistry |
| GAP-0305 (WP-08) | Project-JRF | 01 | B.Tech Metallurgical/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering with prescribed national-level selection qualification |
| GAP-0305 (WP-08) | Project Associate-I | Not specified in the supplied table | B.Tech Metallurgical/Chemical/Mechanical or M.Sc. Chemistry/Physics |
Relevant desirable experience for some Group E posts includes finite element analysis, MATLAB, fatigue-fracture analysis, residual stress assessment and materials characterization.
Group F – Walk-in on 08 October 2026
| Project | Post | Vacancies | Qualification |
|---|---|---|---|
| MLP-002636 | Project Assistant-II | 02 | B.Sc. Information Technology/BCA |
| TMP-249 (ANRF-CRMR Project) | Scientific Administrative Assistant | 01 | B.Sc. IT/BCA |
For the Scientific Administrative Assistant position, proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Database Management System is desirable.
Group G – Walk-in on 09 October 2026
The Group G positions cover Jigyasa science outreach, CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative, an automated aluminium ingot counter project and ultrasonic imaging work.
Posts include:
- Project Assistant-I – 01: 10th + ITI Electrician.
- Project Assistant-II – 02: 3-year Diploma in Electronics/Electronics & Communication/Computer Science & Engineering or B.Sc. Chemistry.
- Project Associate-II – 01: M.Sc. Chemistry/equivalent + 2 years relevant R&D experience.
- Project Associate-I – 01: B.Tech Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Instrumentation.
- Project Associate-I – 01: B.Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Experience in DIY kit development, demonstration, skill-development training, data analysis, Eddy Current and Ultrasonic NDE is desirable for relevant posts.
Group H – Walk-in on 09 October 2026
| Post | Vacancies | Qualification |
|---|---|---|
| Project Scientist-I | 01 | Ph.D. in Geology |
| Project-JRF | 02 | B.Tech Chemical/Metallurgical/Mechanical/Mineral Engineering with prescribed selection qualification |
| Project Associate-I | 01 | B.Tech Chemical/Metallurgical/Mechanical Engineering or M.Sc. Chemistry |
The Project Scientist-I position requires 2 years of experience in organic petrology and geochemistry and at least two publications in SCI journals.
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 Eligibility
Educational qualification varies according to the project and post. Candidates may be required to possess:
- 10th + ITI
- 3-year Diploma
- B.Sc.
- B.Tech/B.E.
- M.Sc.
- M.Tech
- Ph.D.
- CSIR-UGC NET/GATE or another prescribed national-level qualification for certain Project-JRF/Project Associate positions.
The qualification must be obtained from a recognized university/institution as specified for the relevant position.
Candidates appearing in their final semester/year and awaiting their final result on the walk-in date are not eligible.
CSIR-NML Age Limit 2026
The upper age limit is as follows:
| Post | Upper Age Limit |
|---|---|
| Project Assistant-I | 35 years |
| Project Assistant-II | 35 years |
| Scientific Administrative Assistant | 50 years |
| Project-JRF | 28 years |
| Project Associate-I | 35 years |
| Project Associate-II | 35 years |
| Project Scientist-I | 50 years |
Age will be calculated as on the scheduled date of interview/test.
Age relaxation is applicable to eligible SC/ST/PwBD/Women candidates by 5 years and OBC candidates by 3 years, as stated in the advertisement. Other applicable CSIR/funding-agency rules will apply.
CSIR-NML Project Staff Salary 2026
The monthly emoluments are given below:
| Post | Monthly Emoluments |
|---|---|
| Project Assistant-I | ₹18,000 + HRA |
| Project Assistant-II | ₹20,000 + HRA |
| Scientific Administrative Assistant | ₹24,000 + HRA |
| Project-JRF | ₹37,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-I | ₹25,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-I with prescribed NET/GATE qualification | ₹31,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-I under ANRF project | ₹30,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-I under ANRF project with prescribed qualification | ₹37,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-II | ₹28,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-II with prescribed NET/GATE qualification | ₹35,000 + HRA |
| Project Scientist-I | ₹77,000 + HRA |
Emoluments for the applicable positions are subject to the relevant CSIR/funding-agency guidelines.
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 Selection Process
Selection will be conducted through a Walk-in Interview/Test.
If a large number of candidates attend, CSIR-NML may conduct a screening process based on a written test or another criterion determined by the screening committee. Only shortlisted candidates will then be permitted to appear in the interview.
Candidates should therefore prepare the relevant technical subjects mentioned in the qualification and project description.
CSIR-NML Walk-in Interview Schedule 2026
| Group | Date | Reporting Time |
|---|---|---|
| Group A | 06 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
| Group B | 06 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
| Group C | 07 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
| Group D | 07 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
| Group E | 08 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
| Group F | 08 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
| Group G | 09 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
| Group H | 09 October 2026 | 09:00 AM–11:00 AM |
Venue:
CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory, Burmamines, Jamshedpur-831007, Jharkhand.
Candidates must attend according to the group/project schedule applicable to the post for which they are applying.
How to Apply for CSIR-NML Project Staff Recruitment 2026
There is no online application process for this recruitment. Eligible candidates have to attend the walk-in interview/test at CSIR-NML.
Candidates should:
- Check the project-wise eligibility requirements.
- Identify the appropriate group and walk-in date.
- Complete the prescribed Project Staff Application Form.
- Paste a recent colour passport-size photograph on the form.
- Bring self-attested copies of educational, experience and community certificates.
- Bring Aadhaar Card and PAN Card, if available.
- Carry all original certificates/documents for verification.
- Report between 09:00 AM and 11:00 AM on the scheduled date.
- Attend the Walk-in Interview/Test at CSIR-NML, Jamshedpur.
A separate application form is required for each Group.
No other mode of application will be entertained.
Documents Required for CSIR-NML Walk-in Interview
Candidates should bring:
- Filled-in Project Staff Application Form
- Recent colour passport-size photograph
- Original educational certificates
- Self-attested copies of educational certificates
- Experience certificates, wherever applicable
- Community/category certificate, wherever applicable
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card, if available
- NET/GATE certificate, wherever applicable
- Other relevant testimonials/documents
Candidates must produce original documents for verification.
Important Conditions
The engagement is purely temporary and is against time-bound projects. It does not provide any right to continuation, absorption, regularization or appointment to a regular CSIR/CSIR-NML post.
The engagement is co-terminus with the relevant project and may be extended or curtailed depending on project duration, availability of funds and performance.
Candidates who have already worked as Project Staff in CSIR-NML or another CSIR laboratory/institute for 6 years or more are not eligible. For candidates with less than six years of prior project-staff engagement, the tenure will end upon completion of six years.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Walk-in Interview/Test.
The offer of engagement is also subject to receipt of funds from the respective funding agency.
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 Important Dates
- Advertisement Date: 22 September 2026
- Group A & B Walk-in: 06 October 2026
- Group C & D Walk-in: 07 October 2026
- Group E & F Walk-in: 08 October 2026
- Group G & H Walk-in: 09 October 2026
- Reporting Time: 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 Official Website
Candidates should regularly visit the official CSIR-NML website for any changes, updates or additional information related to the recruitment.
Official Website: https://nml.res.in
CSIR-NML Project Staff Recruitment 2026 Notification
Candidates should read the complete official Advertisement No. T/PS/04/2026 dated 22.09.2026 and the prescribed application form carefully before attending the walk-in interview. The project-wise qualification, experience and selection requirements can differ significantly between positions.
Official Website: https://nml.res.in
Official Notification Click Here
Conclusion
CSIR-NML Project Staff Recruitment 2026 provides temporary research-project opportunities for candidates from engineering, science, IT and related disciplines. The recruitment includes posts ranging from ITI and diploma-level Project Assistant positions to B.Tech/M.Sc.-level Project Associate roles and Ph.D.-level Project Scientist-I.
Eligible candidates should verify the exact project-specific requirements and attend the walk-in interview/test at CSIR-NML, Jamshedpur, on the date specified for their group.
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 FAQs
1. What is CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026?
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 is an engagement drive for temporary Project Staff against various time-bound research projects at CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur.
2. What is the CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 advertisement number?
The advertisement number is T/PS/04/2026, dated 22 September 2026.
3. When will the CSIR-NML walk-in interview be held?
The walk-in interviews/tests will be conducted on 06, 07, 08 and 09 October 2026, according to the group-wise schedule.
4. What posts are available in CSIR-NML Project Staff Recruitment?
The recruitment includes Project Assistant-I, Project Assistant-II, Scientific Administrative Assistant, Project Associate-I, Project Associate-II, Project-JRF and Project Scientist-I positions.
5. What is the qualification for CSIR-NML Project Assistant posts?
Depending on the project, Project Assistant posts require qualifications such as 10th + ITI, 3-year Diploma or B.Sc.
6. What is the qualification for CSIR-NML Project Associate posts?
Project Associate positions generally require B.Tech/B.E. or M.Sc., depending on the project. Some positions also require relevant research experience or a prescribed NET/GATE qualification.
7. What is the maximum age limit for CSIR-NML Project Staff?
The maximum age varies by post. It is generally 35 years for PA-I, PA-II, PAT-I and PAT-II, 28 years for Project-JRF, and 50 years for SAA and Project Scientist-I.
8. What is the salary of CSIR-NML Project Staff?
The monthly emoluments range from ₹18,000 + HRA to ₹77,000 + HRA, depending on the post, qualification and applicable project/funding-agency rules.
9. Is there an online application for CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026?
No. Candidates must attend the scheduled Walk-in Interview/Test with the prescribed application form and required documents.
10. Where will the CSIR-NML walk-in interview be conducted?
The interview/test will be held at CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory, Burmamines, Jamshedpur-831007, Jharkhand.
11. What time should candidates report for the CSIR-NML walk-in interview?
Candidates should report between 09:00 AM and 11:00 AM on the scheduled date.
12. Can final-year students apply?
No. Candidates who are awaiting their final result on the date of the walk-in interview are not eligible.
13. Is there any application fee?
The advertisement does not prescribe an application fee for attending the walk-in interview.
14. Is TA/DA provided for attending the interview?
No. TA/DA will not be paid for attending the Walk-in Interview/Test.
15. Is the CSIR-NML Project Staff appointment permanent?
No. The engagement is purely temporary, project-based and co-terminus with the relevant project. It does not confer a right to regularization or absorption in CSIR/CSIR-NML.

Comments
Post a Comment